About Johnny B - Operating Manager | Lead Digital Designer
Johnny B Allen is an award-winning digital media designer and is the operating manager of Evolving Creativity LLC. He is a self-starter, self-taught, life learning digital artist who graduated from Kendall College of Art & Design. Johnny started his professional career while still attending high school, creating marketing videos with custom motion graphics for local companies in his hometown. In his leisure, he is an avid freshwater SCUBA diver, 3 season camper and hiker enthusiast, kayaker, and wildlife nature lover.
His love for learning & scuba diving gave him the inspiration to create a netcast video series called “Talking Scuba”. The show, initially distributed through Blip.TV, was syndicated to other video networks such as iTunes. Various episodes of Talking Scuba were broadcasted on WKTV Public Access Television in Wyoming, Michigan through Comcast and AT&T U-verse public access channels.
Connect & Follow Johnny B Allen
- Online Resume and Professional Biography
- Phone: 616.308.9739
- Email: JohnnybAllen@me.com
- Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/EvolvingCreativityUS
- About.me: http://about.me/johnnyballen
- Panoramic Photography Portfolio: http://sky.easypano.com/panorama-photographer/johnny-allen.html
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnnyballen
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/johnnyballen/
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/johnnyballen/videos
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/talkingscuba/
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/talkingscuba/
- Stage32: https://www.stage32.com/evolvingcreativity
Online Certifications & Badges
Alternative Basic Library Education
- Building a Collection from Idaho Commission for Libraries
Date Received: March 8, 2017
- Collection Development (Collection Development Basics) from the Idaho Commission for Libraries.
Date Received: March 3, 2017
- Collection Development Policy from the Idaho Commission for Libraries.
Date Received: March 3, 2017
Education Course Development
Flipping the Classroom Certification: License 674BD1 from Lynda.com.
Date Received: October 2013
BlendKit 2017: Becoming a Blended Learning Designer
- 2013 - SpartanNash Marketing Department RockStar
- 2009 - Alumni Committee Technology Chairperson for Kendall College of Art & Design
- 2009 - Committee member for the Mid-Michigan MCA-I Chapter
- 2008 - Served on the Kendall College of Art & Design Broadcast Media Panel
- 2008 - Voted to sit on the Kendall College of Art & Design Alumni Board for a 3-year term
- 2008 - Nominated for Kendall College of Art & Design’s Recent Graduate Achievement Award
- 2007 - Graduated with Honors from Kendall College of Art & Design - Alumni Member
- 2007 - Kendall College of Art & Design - President Honours List Award
- 2006 - 5th Annual "Creative SmackDown" Finalist - sponsored by The Polishing Center
- 2003 - Granted Internship at WOOD TV8/Media General
- 2002 - Bronze Web Designer Award, sponsored by Gateway Inc.
- 2000 - Telly Award, Motion Graphics Designer on training video for "Show & Tell"
- 1999 - Best Buy Most Valuable Player - Commitment to Quality
- 1998 - Telly Award, production assistant for DW Video & Multimedia.
- 1996 - Broadcast Design Association (BDA) International Silver Award
- 1995 - First Division Winner in the Michigan Student Film & Video Festival
- 1995 - Channel One News (All-Expenses Paid) Internship in Los Angeles, CA. Performed duties as an assistant Art Director during the two week intensive training program.
- 1995 - Certificate of Recognition from the Governor of Michigan
- 1995 - "Zip, Zero, Zilch for Under 21" PSA Video Challenge Winner
- 1995 - Certificate of Merit from the Beer Institute Community Assistance Fund
IT and Digital Technology Experience
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Application Development: Currently in training
- Incident Management, Mainframe & Enterprise Monitoring: BMC Remedy, Emerson Network Power Alarm Monitoring Software, Unisys LIBRA Mainframe, B&L Associates’ BL SCHED, CA Technologies Spectrum Oneclick, Solarwinds Orion Platform.
- Network Environments: Microsoft Active Directory(AD), Microsoft Office 365 Admin
- Helpdesk Software: Desk.com, Sharepoint, SpiceWorks
- Content Management Systems: Drupal, Wordpress, OpenCart, WorldNow, SquareSpace
- Learning Management System(LMS): Instructure Canvas
- Operating Systems: OSX, Windows 95, 98, NT, Win2000, XP, Windows7, Windows 10, Linux Ubuntu, iOS, Android
- Creative Software: Creative Suite CC, Modo, Lightwave, Painter, Zbrush, Camtasia Studio,
- Coding: HTML4/5, CSS2/3, FlashAS2/AS3, jQuery
- AIGA West Michigan - https://westmichigan.aiga.org
- IDSA: Industrail Designers Society of America - http://www.idsa.org/
- iXDA: Interaction Design Association - http://www.ixda.org/
- ACM SIGGRAPH - http://www.siggraph.org/
- CGW: Computer Graphics World - http://www.cgw.com/
- ZbrushCentral - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/forum.php
- Adobe Education Exchange - https://edex.adobe.com/
- Google for Education Training Center - https://edutrainingcenter.withgoogle.com/certification
- The Foundry Community - http://community.thefoundry.co.uk/discussion/
- Painter Community - http://painterfactory.com/
- Adobe Forums - https://forums.adobe.com/welcome
- Deviant Art - http://www.deviantart.com/
- CG Society - http://forums.cgsociety.org/
- VFX Community - Vancouver's Visual Effects Forum - http://www.vfxcommunity.com/
- Pluralsight Forums - http://www.digitaltutors.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?785-VFX-Software-Specific-Forums
- Creative Planet Network - https://forums.creativeplanetnetwork.com/forum/everything-else/jobs
- Flipped Normals - https://flippednormals.com/
- Unity Forums - http://forum.unity3d.com/
- Unreal Engine Forums - https://forums.unrealengine.com/
- Animation Mentor - http://www.animationmentor.com/