Professional Biography of Johnny B Allen
Johnny B Allen is an accomplished creative digital designer with a strong background in visual design, marketing communications, social media, video production, branding, and product launches. He has a proven track record of creating visually appealing designs with little lead time or direction.
Evolving Creativity, LLC
January 2010 – Present
Operate an adventurous and agile marketing and interactive digital media production company focusing on creating entertaining, informational and educational stories through digital and social media. The company offers specialties in videography (Topside and Underwater), display ads, website design with e-commerce solutions, online video production, motion graphics and graphic design. Our broad scope of services allows us to handle a wide range of projects.
Past Clients Include
Talking Scuba & Outdoor Adventures
January 2010 - 2013
I created, developed, and produced an entertaining, episodic HD-Video netcast series covering the sport of recreational scuba diving and outdoor adventures with in-depth commentary, equipment reviews, and fun adventure stories.
Jonathan Allen Studios
1997 - 2009 (Dissolved to create Evolving Creativity, LLC)
Company owned and operated by Johnny B Allen before creating new LLC business. Designed websites, logos, 3D visualizations and animations for DW Video & Multimedia, LLC and other video producers.
Past Clients Include
Information Technology Technician
April 2017 - Present
Stationed in the Service Management Center(SMC) operations command center, my primary job functions are providing vital administrative and technology services and information to the State of Michigan. The SMC is responsible for the day to day delivery of IT Service Operations for DTMB.
- Monitoring and creating Incident reports due to unplanned interruption to an IT Service or a reduction in the quality of an IT Service.
- Delivering timely, enterprise impacting information to key decision-makers until incident is closed.
- Restoring IT Services as quickly as possible.
Enterprise Monitoring & Security
- Generating tickets using BMC Remedy IT Management Software solution, monitoring potential hardware/software failures, monitoring IT related events, and providing professional customer service to all departments and agencies relying on DTMB technology services.
- Thermal monitoring utilizing Emerson Network power Alarm Monitoring Software.
- Providing physical backups on various servers.
- Utilize B&L Associates’ BL SCHED, an automated scheduling and monitoring system application used for the Unisys LIBRA Production mainframe computer using a command line only interface.
- Use of Unisys Operations Sentinel (SPO) for central dynamic monitoring of production work.
IT Service Desk Technician - Montcalm Community College
November 2015 - April 2017
Initiating Tier 1 level support for Information Technology Services and mentoring new employees. A trained IT professional in the field of computer support technology delivering quality customer service, problem-solving, and detail explanations on issues facing customers with laptop, desktop, and mobile devices. A focus on web services, customer training, computer networking and repair.
- Experience in writing technical documentation for faculty and staff using an online ticket system
- Understanding of configuring, updating and repairing desktop, laptop and tablet computers or mobile devices
- Experience with print servers, deploy servers, virtual machines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Active Directory functions and onelogin
- Daily use of Microsoft Office 2016 and Office365
- Knowledge of network security, compliance guidelines, and Group Policy
- Hands-on-experience with Cisco Meraki access points, Aironet, Catalyst Switches and routers
Digital Designer - WOOD TV8/Media General
August 2010 - December 2010
Digital Media/Video Adjunct Instructor - Ferris State University
August 2009 – December 2010
Adjunct instructor at the College of Education and Human Services in the Television and Digital Media Department teaching coursework in 3D computer modeling/animation and digital imaging for video. Designed and presented interesting lessons and ideas that actively engaged learners, while educating on proper digital arts methodologies and various technical aspects. Strengthened student awareness, understanding, and appreciation of the visual arts through original web-enhanced instruction. Managed students progress of their grade in the class and upcoming project completion dates. Created new opportunities for students to reach their fullest potential through creative expression, cognitive strategies, and a broad range of aesthetic, critical, and production experiences. Offered extracurricular tutoring to ensure each student was able to understand the materials.
- Developed and revised an original curriculum incorporating professional field experience and technical knowledge to create introductory projects and exercises using Newtek's Lightwave 3D and Adobe's Photoshop. Coursework and lectures included traditional animation theory/techniques, rotoscoping techniques, poster design, storyboard design, 3D/animation vocabulary terms, working with Actors Guild/SAG, and group and individually oriented projects.
- Successfully increased student participation, motivation and effective listening by utilizing creativity and incorporating a "real life" connections into the classroom to gain and maintain students' interest and encourage self-expression through the implementation of positive reinforcement.
- Built fun, engaging educational lessons and video design projects, enabling students to gain real-world knowledge and experience working in the CGI industry. Students presented ideas and concepts with storyboards, working as a group in a 2D/3D production pipeline. Students shared responsibilities and became familiar with the technical terminology and basic 3D design techniques.
Online Content Director - iHeartMedia Inc. (Grand Rapids, MI Location)
May 2008 – April 2010
Provided support and design concepts for internet sales manager, brand manager, and account executives needing help on solving creative or technical challenges related to their clients' radio and online marketing campaigns. Developed new online products for Clear Channel Radio of West Michigan station brands. Leveraged multimedia disciplines and managed web production staff to solve creative promotional challenges to meet radio station Program Director expectations.
Web Sales Content Producer - WOOD TV8/Media General
July 2007 – May 2008
Coordinate multiple projects and developed various targeted, interactive/rich-media campaigns. Delivered creative solutions that achieved a high return on investment for local advertisers. Maintained promotional and "Editorial Related Advertising" content for WOODTV.com branded products.
Internet Phone Support Technician - Pathway Internet Services/Alldial
August 2002 – August 2007
Provided cross-platform internet technical phone support for all Pathway and Alldial customers. Assisted new customers through the initial sales pitch, signup, computer setup for dial-up access, and final payment options.
Upgrade/Repair PC Technician - Best Buy
May 1997 – July 2000
Provided customer service, reloaded computer operating systems, setup and tested newly sold computers, upgraded hardware and software with products sold in the store.
- 2013 - SpartanNash Marketing Department RockStar
- 2009 - Alumni Committee Technology Chairperson for Kendall College of Art & Design
- 2009 - Committee member for the Mid-Michigan MCA-I Chapter
- 2008 - Served on the Kendall College of Art & Design Broadcast Media Panel
- 2008 - Voted to sit on the Kendall College of Art & Design Alumni Board for a 3-year term
- 2008 - Nominated for Kendall College of Art & Design’s Recent Graduate Achievement Award
- 2007 - Graduated with Honors from Kendall College of Art & Design - Alumni Member
- 2007 - Kendall College of Art & Design - President Honours List Award
- 2006 - Creative SmackDown Finalist - locally sponsored event
- 2003 - Granted Internship at WOOD TV8/Media General
- 2002 - Bronze Web Designer Award, sponsored by Gateway Inc.
- 2000 - Telly Award, Motion Graphics Designer on training video for "Show & Tell"
- 1999 - Best Buy Most Valuable Player - Commitment to Quality
- 1998 - Telly Award, production assistant for DW Video & Multimedia.
- 1996 - Broadcast Design Association (BDA) International Silver Award
- 1995 - First Division Winner in the Michigan Student Film & Video Festival
- 1995 - Channel One News (All-Expenses Paid) Internship in Los Angeles, CA. Performed duties as an assistant Art Director during the two week intensive training program.
- 1995 - Certificate of Recognition from the Governor of Michigan
- 1995 - "Zip, Zero, Zilch for Under 21" PSA Video Challenge Winner
- 1995 - Certificate of Merit from the Beer Institute Community Assistance Fund
- 1995 - Student of the Month